Infant Massage Workshops
Class sizes are very small, so please enrol early to secure your place. Bring your partner or other close caregiver for free (pending numbers).
Benefits of massage for your baby or child
Infant massage provides a number of researched benefits for parents and children. Massage can help with:
- sinus or chest congestion
- improving mood
- muscle tone
- sensory issues
- parent-child bonding
- preterm infants
- special needs
- and more…
For more information about these benefits, studies and testimonials, click here.
Locations & Dates:
Glow Perinatal Emotional Health & Wellbeing Clinic, 40-42 Clyde Rd, Berwick VIC 3806. Register on (03) 9769 5606.
Thursday 3 & 10 August: 11:30AM-1:00PM
- Thursday 2 & 9 November: 11:30AM-1:00PM
Innovative Physio Pilates, 272 Nepean Hwy, Edithvale VIC 3193. Register on (03) 9776 1287.
- Coming up soon. Stay tuned!
- If you wish to have a private or small group workshop in your chosen location, this may be possible. Please contact us directly.
Each workshop consists of 2 x 90 minute sessions (3 hours total). During these sessions we will meet in small groups and learn useful techniques (see the list of benefits of massage above). I will show you techniques on my doll, and you will learn on your baby. If you are still pregnant or your child is not available during the workshop times, you can learn using a doll.
You will need:
- Yourself (parent/caregiver + an additional close caregiver can attend for free, pending numbers)
- Your baby (or a doll with movable arms/legs – dolls will also be available in class) -> Ideal age range is newborn until they are running away from you! Contact us if you have questions about appropriateness of your little one’s age.
- A mat or blanket to lay your child on (we will be working on the floor)
I will provide you with additional required materials.
The cost for a workshop series is $90. This includes 2 x 90 minute workshops, notes, and the correct type of massage oil for your baby.