Hi, I’m Grace
If it has to do with miscarriage/pregnancy loss, I can help.
So let’s start here (check all that apply)…
I’m here because:
- I have recently lost my baby and I’m not sure where to go from here.
- I’m now pregnant after loss and I want to keep myself and baby healthy, and feel calm, unstressed and confident in my body and my pregnancy.
- I am thinking of / actively trying to conceive again following a loss and I want to ensure I am doing everything I can to achieve a healthy pregnancy, with as little anxiety as possible.
- I am going through motherhood after previous loss, and want to reduce anxiety about my child(ren) and my parenting and keep your sanity.
Good news, dear one, there is no wrong answer. If any of the above apply, you are in the right place.
I’m Grace Miano, and it’s my goal to help you navigate life after loss so that you are not consumed by stress and anxiety and can feel calm and confident in your body / health / pregnancy / ability to conceive / parenting after loss (wherever you’re at right now).
After going through several years trying to conceive, a diagnosis of endometriosis, 3 miscarriages before trying IVF, and the birth of my rainbow baby at age 43, I realised that this is where I needed to focus my practice. It became my focus to become an advocate and industry leader in miscarriage and pregnancy after loss, and I have made it my mission to speak openly in an effort to smash the taboo and isolation of pregnancy loss and how to appropriately support friends, family and clients going through this experience.
10 more things you don’t know about me (yet)…
- My 3 loss babies were conceived naturally, between the ages of 40 and 42.
- Although I received a diagnosis of endometriosis via a laparoscope to discover why it was taking us so long to conceive, I had zero noticeable symptoms, so it was a complete surprise.
- My 3 naturally conceived babies were all immediately following laparoscopic procedures (clearly inflammation was cleared out and it was a more hospitable environment!).
- My fourth pregnancy and rainbow baby was conceived via IVF. It was our first try and she was our only viable embryo in the end!
- I had what is called a ‘Homebirth Caesarean’ – a planned homebirth that consisted of several days of labouring at home before transferring to hospital and ending up with a caesarean birth.
- My labour with Maya was 4.5 days!
- I was on the oral contraceptive pill for way too long – for 17-18 years! – before I knew better about how harmful it is.
- I was born and raised in Niagara Falls, Canada. I moved to Melbourne, Australia at the end of 2006 for a man (who I then moved on from to my current, better-suited partner).
- I am a co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding mama and loving it.
- I have appeared on countless podcasts, spoken on stages to large audiences, and contributed to programs – all on pregnancy loss or pregnancy after loss – and I love it.
So while I’m a big fan of creating and delivering programs, consultations, and public speaking on pregnancy loss, my approach is all about you! It always comes back to you – my individual or group clients and what YOU need.
Download my pregnancy after loss yoga series (coming soon).
Bachelor of Health Science, Nutritional Medicine
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
Naturopathic Emotional Release (NER) Practitioner
Certified Infant Massage Instructor
Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Primary
Additional Specialist Qualification, Special Education
Additional Qualification, Secondary
Certificate IV, Training & Assessment
Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS)